We are adamant about washing our hands and sanitizing ourselves after using the toilet. Yet, there are quite a number of items that have more bacteria than toilet, because we do not realize how dirty they really are and therefore don't clean them that often:
1. Cutting Boards, especially wooden ones are some of the worst offenders.
2. Reusable Grocery Bags, emptied at home and stashed in the hot trunk, until the next shopping trip, regardless of bacteria present from leaky meat package, unwashed veggies or dirty packages
3. Pet Toys and Food Bowls, filled with bacteria from the animal's mouth.
4. Kitchen Sponges, when you catch a whiff of a foul smelling sponge, what you are smelling is the odor from coliform bacteria (Salmonella, or E. Coli)
5. Keyboard and Remote, just like your phone, they harbor the germs that from every hand that's touched it.
6. Cellphones, even of you never take one into the bathroom for a little toilet time scrolling, it is still covered with bacteria.
7. Bathroom Doorknobs, does everyone in your house wash their hands faithfully each time they use the bathroom? If so, then you are golden.